Monday, August 20, 2018

Me and the Purple Morph



At 58 years old, when it feels like others are steeped in the “waiting time” -leaving their young dreams behind them, dreaming of their retirement from “work”, considering their final stage of life - I am steeped in starting anew.

I considered using metamorphosis as my blog title, but it seems to be so much more. I apologize to the butterfly who led me to this realization, but I’ve metamorphosed so many times, this time is different.

This time the stages are both professional and personal. A confessed workaholic, my previous stages have been solely professional with a side of personal. While you may find that the definition is off putting, [transmogrify (tràns-mòg´re-fì´, trànz-) verb, transitive, To change into a different shape or form, especially one that is fantastic or bizarre. (The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition)] I embrace the idea of the fantastic versus the bizarre.

Here, in this space, I hope to reflect and explore my transmogrification into a fantastic me.

No comments:

Post a Comment