Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Blindsided

Soooooo....

I thought I was headed toward a complete transmogrification. One that would take me to Tennessee to a new home, new job, new career. One that would allow my personal life to flourish.

Then, I was asked to help with the Theatre Productions this year as part of a reboot of sorts. And, I said yes. One year. Then I'm on to other things. Earlier, I had decided to never do theatre again for 50 reasons. But, one year, two plays, and I'm out.

Then I held auditions for our fall play. You know that feeling of "home" you get when you are someplace? It is impossible to describe accurately, but when I walked into the theatre to hold auditions, my heart swelled, I felt calm. I was home.

Blindsided. A different transmogrification. Not a new home. Not a new career, No, a return to a time in the late 90's when I built an internationally renowned theatre program.

Two conversations later, I'm staying. I'm going to try to rebuild the theatre program. Every day at 4:30 when I move from teacher to theatre director, I have a sense of joy.


1 comment:

  1. I feel joyful for you. This sounds like a wonderful opportunity that will feed your soul!

    ReplyDelete